Refer: Silicon Chip Magazine November and December, 2012.
This DIY high performance amplifier boasts 250WRMS output into 4 ohms, 150W into 8 ohms and can be bridged with a second kit for 450W into 8 ohms. Not only does it output high-quality sound, it is also rugged and reliable with all sorts of protection built in. Class-D amplifiers are also far more efficient and generate much less heat than linear Class-A, B and AB designs.
• High efficiency
• High power
• Low distortion and noise
• Bridging option for driving 8-ohm load with two modules
• Over-current protection
• Over-temperature protection
• Under-voltage switch-off
• Over-voltage switch-off
• DC offset protection
• Fault indicator
• Amplifier running indicator
• Optional speaker protection module (see KC-5515)
• Efficiency: Typically 90% at full power for 8 ohm and 83% for 4 ohm
• Input sensitivity: 2VRMS (4 ohm), 2.2VRMS (8 ohm)
• Power requirements: +/- 40 to 60VDC, 50 to 55V nominal (see KC-5517)
Kit supplied with double sided, soldermasked and screen-printed PCB with SMD IC pre-soldered, heatsink, and electronic components.
Note: The surface-mount IC is pre-soldered to avoid frustration
Also available: KC-5515 Stereo Speaker Protector Kit to suit KC-5517 +/- 55V Power Supply Kit to suit